Today's tips are all about putting your guest list together for your event.
1. I always tell my clients before you start putting a budget together, before you see venue do a list of people whom you want to come to the event, if it is a wedding make sure you get everyone's list, both sides groom + bride and both parent's sides.
2. Then if the list is to long here are some rules or suggestions to go by:
- If you have not had an actual conversation with them face to face or on the phone in over a year they shouldn't be on your list. Even if you have Facebook conversation, by wishing each other happy birthday still doesn't mean you need to invite them to your event.
-If there's anyone who's on the list because you feel guilty about leaving them off (maybe because you were invited to their wedding or they're friends with lots of people who are invited), don't invite them. Thank you "the knot" for this one. https://www.theknot.com/content/how-to-make-your-wedding-guest-list
- Its ok to have an A and a B list, and if you are able to invite people from the B list try not to do it to close to the event otherwise they will know they were on the B list.
3. Make sure you create a complete list - see if you can get your guests mailing address, email and phones number. You will use this list for everything. Make sure you have your guests correct name (first and last). You will use this list to send a save the date, to collect RSVP for not just the main event but for other events around the main event, if they sent a gift , if you sent a thank you for their gift and much much more......